On June 24th, 2009, I published my “95 Theses” in two local newspapers, squeezing them into one page. Martin Luther was interested in church reformation; Lord Jesus is interested in individual reformation, reformation of the heart of every believer.
Excerpts from “Ninety-Five Theses”….
Theses is the plural of thesis. A thesis is a proposition or statement to be considered, discussed and possibly disputed.
T R U T H
2. Spiritual truth is available. God dispenses spiritual truth generously. We each have the amount of truth desired.
5. Withholding truth can be immoral.
S C R I P T U R E
9. The Bible declares itself to be God’s written word, fully true.
10. Jesus often quoted the Old Testament; His quotations are His endorsement.
J E S U S C H R I S T
23. Jesus foretold most people would reject Him and His salvation.
25. Those embracing Jesus and His salvation have opportunity to further develop their relationship with Him.
R E L A T I O N S H I P
26. Relationally, christians have as much of Jesus as they want. A deeper, richer relationship is always available to the one determined to acquire it.
E V A N G E L I C A L I S M
32. Since evangelicalism seriously affects the relationship between Christ and evangelicals, evangelicals would be wise to evaluate evangelicalism.
37. The dividing of Christ’s church into two groups, the clergy (or ministerial) and laity (laymen) is a harmful, non-Biblical practice.
L E A D E R S H I P
47. When one considers church leadership one should think of Jesus Christ and not any man or group of men.
M O N E Y M A T T E R S
75. Tithing is the only Old Testament regulation evangelicalism has adopted. Those most passionately defending the tithe are those relying on the tithe for a living.
77. The burden of church building maintenance and leadership salaries passes from one generation of believers to another to another.
A N A L T E R N A T I V E
78. A house church is a practical alternative to the evangelical institutional church.
82. The sole agenda of the group should be to enrich their relationship with Christ.
T H E N O N – C H R I S T I A N
88. The most feeble, slack christian is immeasurably wealthier than the most successful non-christian.
89. Failure of christians do not make Christ and His gospel less authentic.